Wycliffe URC

Bewsey St, Warrington, Cheshire WA2 7HZ

Wycliffe United Reformed Church, Warrington

Image description

Wycliffe originally was part of Cairo St chapel. It left in 1797 and met for a few years in Stepney St Chapel. They moved to Salem Chapel in 1811. For a few years they met in the assembly rooms at the Nags Head pub until they saved the money to have their first Chapel built in 1851. Within a few years this became too small and a much bigger church was built.

Image description
Image description

This declaration dates from the very beginning of Wycliffe Church and is still used when new members join.

Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description

You can see more old photos of wycliffe by visiting Wycliffe Church!!

Image description

Service Photography

Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description

In the 1980s wet rot forced the remodelling of Wycliffe Church and an earth quake in 1984 made the tower unsafe. Here are some pictures of the changes!

Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description